Location: Lincoln Terrace Park, 398 Buffalo Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11233
Money sponsored to add to the prize pool so far at $200. As of 12/24/16
The top 8 will get awarded cash prizes. Cash prizes will be determined by amount of donated/ sponsored money plus entry fees collected. 99% payout (only the cost of balls will be taken in, otherwise nothing gets pocketed)
I have been getting some requests for a Singles tournament and always wanted to do a Mix of both games together. So this will be an Open Singles where any Handball and any Paddleball player can join.
I know some minor things have to be tweaked with the rules to make it fair.
1) We will use the Blue Handball for the tournament to accommodate the handball side.
2) We will be allowing BOTH handball and Paddleball to be… allowed to call a safety block if they think they are going to hit the person with a forward swing with their Hand/Paddle. If you hit someone with a forward swing then you will be out and the opponent will be awarded a point.
3) If a paddleball player hits someone with a backswing then the play stops Automatically and is a block. If a handball player hits someone with a backswing the handball player has the option to call block himself or take the shot. The handball player must call block right away to be awarded the block.
4) Server (Hand and Paddle) gets 2 faults and can serve wherever they want on the court. A screen is just a do over.
5) All games will be 21 points Straight, including the Finals.
6) $25 for a Pro player. $20 for an A player. $15 for a B player. $10 For a female to join.
7) Top of the wall will be good. As long as the ball comes down into play on the court the volley continues. Play only ends of the Ball hits the floor twice. (Just something that brings more excitement to the game that we do in some parks for Paddleball)
8) The ball can never hit you during a rally on the fly AND/OR the bounce. So even if the ball passes your opponent you can not touch or get hit with the ball or you are out.
Please if you have any questions post here and I will always answer. Rules should be nice and fair for both side but if anything changes I will of course notify everyone here.
Help us grow the sport we love by sharing. THANKS!!!